10/4/14

Published Saturday, October 04, 2014 by with 3 comments

Shrimp Lettuce Wraps



I don't know what kind of person I have become to say that I crave Lettuce Wraps, but I absolutely do and these are just fantastic to satisfy that craving.

These wraps are tasty, easy and quick to make, and pretty much as healthy as it gets. There are many options to customize these lettuce wraps to your liking, use a different lettuce, add your favorite veggies, add other meat/seafood or just skip that part all together!

As my mother likes to say, seafood is healthy for you, the fact that it's wrapped in lettuce and filled to the brim with vegetables, quadruples that. (Don't check my math, this isn't exactly scientific).

The below recipe should serve 4-5 people, or just one very hungry person.

What You Will Need: 






- 1lb large/medium shrimp. Deveined. 
- 1 head of your favorite lettuce, I recommend Bib or Butter lettuce.
- 1 carrot, cut into strips.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and cut into strips.
- 1 avocado, sliced into thin wedges.
- 2 tbs peanut butter, use creamy. 
- 3/4 cup of a Sesame Ginger dressing of your choice. 
- Salt and Pepper 
 - Lime (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)


What To Do:

- Salt and pepper the cleaned and dried shrimp, pan fry them about 2 min per side. Do not over cook! 
- Slice the avocado, cucumber and carrot. Don't cut too thin, you still want the crunch. 
- Make the dipping sauce by combining the peanut butter and Sesame Ginger dressing in a tupperware container. Shake it up and it's ready to go. 



- Assemble the wraps by placing a few strips of the cucumber and carrots, top with a few slices of avocado and 1-2 shrimp. Add some cilantro if you like and drizzle with the peanut sauce. 
- Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top and enjoy! 














    email this       edit

3 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering. I saw this and instantly had to decide when I could make them. Noms!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know when you make them so I can come eat them all :D.

      Delete
  2. Omg I thought I was the only insane person who adored lettuce wraps as a meal. The fresh crunchiness, the surprising level of full you can get, the delicious and finger-licking-sauce that just makes you sit back and relax for a change. I don't know what it is about this dish, but I love it.

    ReplyDelete