3/11/14

Published Tuesday, March 11, 2014 by with 0 comment

Caprese Salad with Kale and Walnut Pesto


I'll be honest, I bought too much Kale. But I wasn't about to let it go to waste! So, I made more pesto and used it over one of my absolute favorite fresh salads. As I mentioned in my last post, if you're adamant against using Kale, make Pesto with the typical ingredients of pine nuts and basil. 


What you'll need: 


- 1/2 serving of Kale and Walnut Pesto
- 4-5 pieces of fresh basil
- 8 oz. small mozzarella balls (bocconcini or pearline)
- 5-7 baby tomatoes 
- Parmesan Cheese (optional) 


What to do: 

- Slice the baby tomatoes and mozzarella in half, combine in a salad bowl. 
- Chiffonade your basil and sprinkle over the tomatoes and mozzarella. 
- Drop in a few spoonfuls of the Kale and Walnut Pesto and mix.
- Top with a few shavings of parmesan and enjoy!



    email this       edit

0 comments:

Post a Comment