1/4/14

Published Saturday, January 04, 2014 by with 0 comment

Worth Every Penny: Foundation for Oily Skin





My mother always told me "Your skin reflects your personality." If that's true, I must be one hell of a rebel, because my skin has no interest in behaving. It's oily, combination and prone to acne (all levels of fun).

Because of my unruly skin; full coverage, long lasting and mattifying foundation is a must. So, after countless bottles and hundreds of dollars and hours spent, I found two that do my skin wonders. 



High End Version: 

Make Up Forever: Mat Velvet +

Makeup Forever is a brand well know for their full coverage foundations and concealers, and the hype is not without its merits. Mat Velvet + is amazing for oily skin, it will keep your T-Zone matte without sliding off your face before you even get to lunch.

Admittedly, this is not a perfect formula. It can crease with too much setting powder and tends to look a bit dry, so a highlighter to add some dewiness is recommended.


Drug Store Dupe: 



A high end foundation is all fine and good, but at $40+ a tube, it can get costly. So I decided to look for a foundation that I could wear on the days I don't feel like too many people will be staring at my skin (read: sitting behind my enormous computer screen at work usually does the trick). This Covergirl foundation is fairly new on the market, but it has, very quickly, become my go-to. I've gone through so many bottles of this foundation, Covergirl should consider sending me a plaque of some sort.

This is a perfect drug store dupe, it has great coverage, keeps the oils at bay and actually lasts throughout the day. Major kudos to Covergirl. And the best part? It costs less than $10. 



A few notes: 

- Oily skin is genetic, no amount of setting spray, powder, drying cream, etc, will ever fix it permanently. But a good foundation and skin care regiment will improve it ten-fold. 
- If you're like me and prone to oily skin, I suggest carrying two things religiously: Blotting papers and touch up powder. 
- Don't avoid trying new things. Things that don't work for others, may work perfectly for you. 


    email this       edit

0 comments:

Post a Comment