1/4/14

Published Saturday, January 04, 2014 by with 0 comment

Seriously Disappointing: Buxom Sculpted Lash Mascara

I love mascara. Adore it. Honestly, one could say I suffer from a small addiction. It was the first piece of makeup I ever owned and continues to be a major part of my makeup (and spending) habit. 

Mascara, to me, brings light and life to an eye look. It awakens the face, covers eyeliner errors and adds the perfect finishing touch. 

I am always on the look out for new Mascara, from the very expensive YSL Faux Cils to the ultra cheap (but amazing)  L'Oreal Voluminous. So when I come across something new (to me) and interesting, I go for it. In this case, I probably shouldn't have. 


BUXOM Sculpted Lash Mascara is probably one of the worst I've tried and at $19.00 a pop, that's just shameful. 


Mascara comes in a range of colors, wet or dry formulas (both of which have their pros and cons) and some intriguing wand shapes. This particular mascara dropped the ball on almost all of the above. 

Color : Not much to say, it's a black mascara and the color is evident.

Formula: This is so far on the "dry" side, it's basically "dried out." You know the Mascara you find hiding in the back of your drawer that's about 6 months old and as dry as the desert? Yeah, this is it.

Wand Shape: The wand is interesting, different and looks like it would give some serious definition to your eyelashes. Well, it doesn't. The wand is awkward, doesn't catch the small inner corner lashes and doesn't do well with the larger lashes either. 

Try this instead: 


It's about $7.00, has some serious curl, priming and staying power and will grab every lash in every corner of your eye! 




    email this       edit

0 comments:

Post a Comment